This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error - Plasma Worspace

After upgrading from Intrepid Ibex to Jaunty Jackalope today, and after a normal shutdown and reboot, I'm getting a Plasma Workspace error notification:

"The process for the trash protocol died unexpectedly."

This is identical to what happened when I upgraded from KDE 4.1.4 to KDE 4.2.00 as originally posted here.

Other than this, my upgrade went flawlessly. Everything that was working in Intrepid is still working in Jaunty.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Error - Plasma Worspace

It seems it will be fixed with the updates:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...se/+bug/323782

By the way, I would recommend the latest 4.3.2 packages from the PPA, they are _really_ stable

Comment

Re: Error - Plasma Worspace

Unexpected things can happen " The process for the trash protocol died unexpectedly."

Here, with the Jaunty / KDE 4.2.4

There are once or twice a week the notification: " The process for the trash protocol died unexpectedly."

With the Karmic (beta) / KDE 4.3.2

Starting from the experimental mesa/xorg upgrade ( > Topic: KDM Problem (??) - New KDE BSOD-Like Feature) there is now the notification: " The process for the trash protocol died unexpectedly."

With the experimental upgrade there was a crash and jump to the KDE login. That left some of the setting files malformed. There was a infinite login problem, fix > Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers >> Topic: Alpha 5 Infinite Loop Login.

I have not tried to fix the trash notification as this Karmic installation has two weeks left before clean installation.

[img width=400 height=79]http://people.canonical.com/~jriddell/karmic-countdown-banner/15.png[/img]

The /var/crash is empty. This crash notification could be an empty notification or the trash daemon is dying before the Apport (> Apport - Automatic crash reports) can catch it.

The trash system is working without problems (Jaunty & Karmic).
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
      X