This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok2 + media devices = ??

Amarok and my IAudio players used to be best friends before. Now it seems like Amarok2 will no longer talk to the IAudio?

There is a media devices button which opens up a blank area in the middle of the application window, but that seems to be everything about it, there are no buttons to connect the media devices and no control panel to configure the media device connections such as in amarok1.4 - or did I do something terribly wrong?

The only way I can sync files now is by drag and drop in the file manager? (or rsync in console, or some other low-level stuff). I find it hard to believe they made it this limited, did they really?

I tried to get some help in #amarok on freenode but no-one was particularily eager to help.

Re: amarok2 + media devices = ??

Originally posted by heinkel_111
    Amarok and my IAudio players used to be best friends before. Now it seems like Amarok2 will no longer talk to the IAudio?
    I have an MTP device; Amarok 1.4 would not talk to it whereas Amarok 2 does, the player appears as an additional entry in the Collections Manager window on the left of the screen.

Originally posted by heinkel_111
    The only way I can sync files now is by drag and drop in the file manager? (or rsync in console, or some other low-level stuff). I find it hard to believe they made it this limited, did they really?
    I think Amarok 2 is a complete re-write (a work-in-progress) so they haven't yet had time to implement all the features of 1.4. It's a bit like KDE4, things get better with each subsequent release.

The latest version, Amarok is 2.2, is going to be included in Kubuntu 9.10 which may bring better support for media devices.
    Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

Re: amarok2 + media devices = ??

I am bumping this one: Does anyone have experience with amarok2 and mounting mp3 players flac players ( 8) :P) as USB mass storage devices w/file synchronization through the amarok2 interface?

(Just like in Amarok 1.4 )

PS> for information, it seems like I cannot mount it as an MTP unit either (MTP and flac is compatible? or does MTP only work on Microsoft formats?)

I would prefer just general USB device setup, I think.

Comment

Working...
      X