X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running programs missing from taskbar

Hi All,

I had a customer who had managed to remove his running programs from his task bar. This was especially frustrating to him as he likes to minimize his programs. With no running programs on his task bar, his programs vanished into the ether. I got them back by renaming ~.kde and starting over (what a pain!).

Next time, what do I do to reset his task bar back to factory?

Many thanks,
    -T
    p.s. I made a backup of his ~.kde. But I'd still like to know how to fix it the non drastic way.

Re: running programs missing from taskbar

1. Unlock widgets
    2. Right-click on empty space in the panel
    3. Choose add widgets
    4. Add the "task manager" widget
    (5. Optional...you can rearrange widgets by drag-and-drop if you open the "panel settings bar" by clicking the plasma icon [cashew] in the panel)

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
      1. Unlock widgets
      2. Right-click on empty space in the panel
      3. Choose add widgets
      4. Add the "task manager" widget
      (5. Optional...you can rearrange widgets by drag-and-drop if you open the "panel settings bar" by clicking the plasma icon [cashew] in the panel)
      Thank you.

Man. I looked and looked and looked. One at a time, forwards and backwards. I did not find a "task manager". I even forced myself to read every single description. I must be going blind!

-T

Comment

Had an idea. If the "task manager" was already installed, would it still show up on the add widgets? If not, maybe it was there all along and just arranged so I could not see it. When I got there I noticed that everything on his task bar was <ctrl><E> style center justified.

Is there a way to "reset" the task bar back to factory?

Many thanks,
        -T

Comment

Originally posted by ToddAndMargo
          If the "task manager" was already installed, would it still show up on the add widgets?
          It should (it's possible to have more than one task manager in your panel/desktop).

When I got there I noticed that everything on his task bar was <ctrl><E> style center justified.
          That strongly suggests that the task manager widget was in fact removed.

I looked and looked and looked.
          Did you try the "search filter" in the add widget dialog?

Is there a way to "reset" the task bar back to factory?
          The easiest way is to remove the plasma configuration files:
          Code:
          rm ~/.kde/share/config/plasm*
          (which will reset all plasma customizations)

Comment

Working...
          X