X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaching in New Yahoo

Hi,
    I am using Kubuntu 9.04 with Firefox and Yahoo!Mail.
    Recently Yahoo! have upgraded their New Yahoo, and now I cannot attach anything with my emails.
    When I try to I get a warning from Norton Antivirus: "Ouch... there is a problem attaching <file name>.
    Now I have to revert to Classic Yahoo when I want to attach something.
    Anyone knows about this problem and how to resolve it?
    Thanks,
    Theo

Re: Attaching in New Yahoo

Hi

What version of Firefox are you running? Have you tried FF 3.5? (it installs side by side, and might do the trick)

Comment

Yes, indeed, Firefox-3.5 does not have the problem.
      Thanks so much.
      However, I now run FF-3.5.3 from the terminal. Can you tell me how to get it in my menu, either side by side or instead of FF-3.0?

Comment

I'm not that familiar with Yahoo(!) but perhaps they will like you better if you change your user-agent string to IE or something.

Comment

Originally posted by theo1006
          Yes, indeed, Firefox-3.5 does not have the problem.
          Thanks so much.
          However, I now run FF-3.5.3 from the terminal. Can you tell me how to get it in my menu, either side by side or instead of FF-3.0?
          My pleasure It should show in your KMenu, in the Internet Section, as Shiretoko. You can right click on it and add it to Favorites, to the Panel, to the Desktop, etc.

Enjoy!

Comment

That is the problem.
            I installed FF-3.5 using the Synaptic Package Manager, but Shiretoko does not show up in the KMenu.
            ??

Comment

I have come across this too. Perhaps a restart will work. I sometimes have to do this to get the icon in my kmenu.
              Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

Good tip. In the worst case, you can right-click on the KMenu, choose the menu editor and add an item in the Internet section, it's not more than a minute of work 8)

Comment

Working...
                X