This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Bug fixed] Krita: vanishing the "tools" sidebar

Okay, so this is a bit of a weird problem, but whenever I open an image with Krita (version 2.0.2 on 4.3.1, running 64-bit 9.04) the left-hand sidebar marked "Tools" disappears. It then stays away until I next delete the ~/.kde/share/config/kritarc file! Naturally this makes is rather hard to work with, since, yeah, I can't change what tools I'm using!

Soooooo...any ideas?

Re: Krita: vanishing the "tools" sidebar, seemingly no way to get it back and keep i

No ideas, eh? I guess I'll just have to hope that Karmic fixes things

Comment

Re: Krita: vanishing the "tools" sidebar, seemingly no way to get it back and keep i

Have you done another sudo apt-get dist-upgrade recently?
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Sorry -- I'm a Gimp user. You might want to give gimp a shot -- no issues on 9.10 (or any previous version).

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          Have you done another sudo apt-get dist-upgrade recently?
          Actually, on that machine (ie. my main PC) I haven't done a dist-upgrade in ages and ages...in the apt-get dist-upgrade sense It did, however, recently update to 4.3.2 (I just used KPackageKit's upgrade prompt for it; usually I use either apt-get/aptitude or Adept-KDE3, though Synaptic has been slowly encroaching on me considering it's the only currently-updated GUI that's not still terribly experimental).

Originally posted by dibl
          Sorry -- I'm a Gimp user. You might want to give gimp a shot -- no issues on 9.10 (or any previous version).
          Oh, I use GIMP quite a bit myself, actually that's what I used in the end in this case for the latter stages. There are certain things it seems less able to do than Krita, however, so I habitually switch back and forth between the two (one example, Krita knows what size an image in the clipboard is and thus it's the default size for a New Custom Document, which is brilliant when you're doing a video screen cap or some such thing....at least for me, the GIMP doesn't seem to do this automatically).

Plus, one of the reasons I use KDE (even through the painful ongoing transition) is that I tend to prefer the KDE/Qt way of doing things, UI-wise, over the GNOME/GTK+ way. The GIMP is definitely a saner UI than Adobe Photoshop, but that isn't necessarily saying much So I do like to use Krita when all things are equal, although least for me, often the fastest way of doing things seems to be actually switching back and forth between the two...so Krita's disappearing tools put a big cramp in my style!).

As it so happens, the 4.3.2 upgrade seems to have fixed Krita's (and, as it turned out under further examination, several other programs who use KDE 4's Dockers in the same way, ex. KWord) problems, so it's all good

Comment

Originally posted by KeithZG
            As it so happens, the 4.3.2 upgrade seems to have fixed Krita's (and, as it turned out under further examination, several other programs who use KDE 4's Dockers in the same way, ex. KWord) problems, so it's all good
            Good. If you will return to your OP and click the modify button, you can add SOLVED to the subject line.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
              Originally posted by KeithZG
              Good. If you will return to your OP and click the modify button, you can add SOLVED to the subject line.
              Good point, although I went with "Bug fixed" since neither the actual cause of the error nor any direct solution were ever discovered (or at least, none known here; I wouldn't be surprised if one could find out what was going on by delving into KDE's SVN history...but anyways, all's well that ends well).

Comment

Working...
              X