X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Python crashing with segmentation fault

Hi everybody,

I came across this problem a few days ago while I was trying to get an application written in Python working.
    This is the application in question: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...itle=Main_Page

You can follow my previous written posts where I was talking to the dev, but he couldn't reproduce the error.
    ( http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...620&page=7#102 )

The App needs the following dependencies: python-usb python-numpy python-wxgtk2.8 python-mdp python-opengl python-xlib
    Additional wx and gtk packages were installed.
    Error occured on my regular Jaunty System as well as on a fresh Jaunty installation running in Virtualbox.

I've done some testing with python-dbg and strace and it seems to crash at the line, stating
    Code:
    GLCanvas.__init__(self, parent,-1, attribList=[wx.glcanvas.WX_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER])

Complete python-dbg output:

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "WXOpenGL_test.py", line 106, in <module>
    wxOpenGLTestApp = WxOpenGLTestApp()
    File "WXOpenGL_test.py", line 102, in __init__
    self.mainWindow = GUIMain()
    File "WXOpenGL_test.py", line 86, in __init__
    self.visualizationPanel = VisualizationPanel(self.panel)
    File "WXOpenGL_test.py", line 24, in __init__
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/glcanvas.py", line 104, in __init__
    _glcanvas.GLCanvas_swiginit(self,_glcanvas.new_GLC anvas(*args, **kwargs))
    wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "m_vi" failed at ../src/gtk/glcanvas.cpp(351) in Create(): required visual couldn't be found
    Error in sys.excepthook:
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/apport_python_hook.py", line 38, in apport_excepthook
    from apport.packaging_impl import impl as packaging
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/apport/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from apport.report import Report
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/apport/report.py", line 21, in <module>
    import fileutils
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/apport/fileutils.py", line 16, in <module>
    from packaging_impl import impl as packaging
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/apport/packaging_impl.py", line 18, in <module>
    import apt
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/apt/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    import apt_pkg
    ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/apt_pkg.so: undefined symbol: Py_InitModule4

Original exception was:
    File "WXOpenGL_test.py", line 106, in <module>
    wxOpenGLTestApp = WxOpenGLTestApp()
    File "WXOpenGL_test.py", line 102, in __init__
    self.mainWindow = GUIMain()
    File "WXOpenGL_test.py", line 86, in __init__
    self.visualizationPanel = VisualizationPanel(self.panel)
    File "WXOpenGL_test.py", line 24, in __init__
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/glcanvas.py", line 104, in __init__
    _glcanvas.GLCanvas_swiginit(self,_glcanvas.new_GLC anvas(*args, **kwargs))
    wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "m_vi" failed at ../src/gtk/glcanvas.cpp(351) in Create(): required visual couldn't be found
    [265337 refs]
    This seems to me like some dependency or OpenGL Error. Anybody else with this error or similar problems?

Thanks in Advance!
    Mac

Re: Python crashing with segmentation fault

I see a bunch of canvas packages related to gnome, see the attached screenshot (and I see gtk, the lib underlying gnome, in the traceback). I would start by installing them all and go from there, hopefully that does it? Also, if some of them are installed, I would select them for a reinstall ...

HTH!
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Python crashing with segmentation fault

That did not work at all :/
      I've reinstalled the packages you've mentioned and python at the end.
      It crashes with the same error. My OpenGL System is working, as DirectRendering is enabled and GLXGears are spinning
      I've also tried to run pouetChess (depends on mesa-glx -> working)

Comment

Working...
      X