This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail & spamassassin

Hi, I currently have Kmail set to use spamassassin for spam, but it seems to be over working. A Lot of mail I get is being marked as spam even if it's not. How can I make spamassassin more effective? I go throuh my junk mail folder and classify the mail as not spam but it doesn't seem to change anything, the mail still gets put in the junk folder The next time I receive something from that sender. So does anyone have any Idea's how I can make it work better?

Thanks in advance,

Angel
    Systemax PC<br />CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 4400<br />RAM: 3 GB DDR2 800 (PC2-6400)<br />Display: Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS<br />Kubuntu 9.10

Re: Kmail &amp; spamassassin

Hi

You probably have a matching filter in Settings -> Configure Filters, right? I have one from a few years back when I was using Spam Assassin. It was matching a certain number of ***** in the headers in order to send something to Spam. If this is so, you can try changing the threshold at which you send stuff to the Spam folder.

I have been using Bogofilter with very little issues ever since. There was a little utility I think in KDE3* that allowed me to set it up with a couple clicks. The en result is a set of kmail filters that call bogofilter with different parameters ... if you are interested on trying it we can see how to get it running in your machine

Cheers!

Comment

I just switched from Thunderbird to KMail this week, as part of my campaign to replace all GTK based applications with Qt based applications when ever possible.

This is just a guess, but I suspect that when you select a "spam" message and click the "Ham" button you are training the filter to be more specific. IIRC, they weren't called "spam" and "ham" when I first ran KMail years ago, but that was the purpose of the two buttons.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

hmmm thanks for the feedback guys, maybe I just try The Bogofilter and see if it works a little better.
        Systemax PC<br />CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 4400<br />RAM: 3 GB DDR2 800 (PC2-6400)<br />Display: Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS<br />Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
        X