Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I forgot to buy a DVI cable (plus audio issue)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to buy a DVI cable (plus audio issue)

crap....

on a more relevant note, has anyone come across and fixed the prob with no audio in flash? I have so far:

reinstalled non-free plugin etc
    installed official macromedia plugin from tarball for 64bit'mjig
    played with pulse audio chooser (which was pointless with only one audio device)
    played around in multimedia with setting preferred device as alsa or pulse audio

so far, absolutely fappola.... still no sound in yootoob movies or the like in any browser, though amarok plays stuff fine and can hear system sounds.

help the poor little helpless hapless girlie please, she knows not what to do!

Jen
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: I forgot to buy a DVI cable (plus audio issue)

Hmmmmmm -- does this mean there's a new top in your closet?

OK, seriously .... is flash the only situation with dead audio? In other words, can you play an audio CD, or an audio file if you want to? If yes, then it's clearly a flash installation issue. If no (if there are other audio problems) then maybe we need to look into the audio driver/module situation.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      Hmmmmmm -- does this mean there's a new top in your closet?
      Two... plus the one that I'm wearing and some shiny leggings, tooootally forgot about the cable in all the fashion frenzy!

OK, seriously .... is flash the only situation with dead audio? In other words, can you play an audio CD, or an audio file if you want to? If yes, then it's clearly a flash installation issue. If no (if there are other audio problems) then maybe we need to look into the audio driver/module situation.
      I can play MP3s in amarok and video audio is fine in kaffeine etc

am stumped cause I've tried all the googlified ideas I found (I think)
      Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

I run the 64-bit OS too, but it's been a long time since I had a flash issue of any kind.

Usually when I first install Kubuntu, one of the first things I do is go to this page and follow the guidance exactly:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683

Probably it would not hurt for you to do the drill from start to finish, even though you've already done parts of it.

For example, upon review, it looks like if you happened to have gnash installed, and didn't remove it before installing flashplugin-nonfree, you might have a problem.

Comment

I run the 64-bit OS too, but it's been a long time since I had a flash issue of any kind.

Usually when I first install Kubuntu, one of the first things I do is go to this page and follow the guidance exactly:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683

Probably it would not hurt for you to do the drill from start to finish, even though you've already done parts of it.

For example, upon review, it looks like if you happened to have gnash installed, and didn't remove it before installing flashplugin-nonfree, you might have a problem.
          Ahhhh I see, well I'll give that link a go, thanks. flash plugin installed automatically when running first update so I figured it might have been something else, but then I shouldn't be expecting auto install stuff to be all correct.

Will try fixing after I stop bopping to Eagle Eye Cherry... Friday innit

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Chief

Friday innit
            Yes indeedy -- coming up on time to contemplate the dinner plan here too.

Prolly won't be with Eagle Eye Cherry, tho ...

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Chief

Friday innit
              Yes indeedy -- coming up on time to contemplate the dinner plan here too.

Prolly won't be with Eagle Eye Cherry, tho ...
              I'm trying to find a Chinese takeaway menu but all I can find is Indian... Hubby is home soon... I might actually have to cook tonight... oh f***

(that says figs behind the *'s by the way)

Comment

Working...
              X