This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bunch of kubuntu questions

1) is jaunty 64 no good? I'm getting black squares where buttons should be, random crashes, freezes, weird cursors, weird colors, scrambled interfaces, the whole nine. Is this an xorg thing, a kde thing, or what?

2) is there a decent kmail tut out there? I swear to god i spent 5 hours today trying to make an email send. I kept getting a "sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rctphosts (#5.7.1)" error.

3) can I remove plasma? I hate it and I don't care. I'm not impressed by 'plasmoids' and I don't like the look of any of it and would never use the functionality.

Re: a bunch of kubuntu questions

Originally posted by publicradio
    1) is jaunty 64 no good? I'm getting black squares where buttons should be, random crashes, freezes, weird cursors, weird colors, scrambled interfaces, the whole nine. Is this an xorg thing, a kde thing, or what?
    Works for me!

2) is there a decent kmail tut out there? I swear to god i spent 5 hours today trying to make an email send. I kept getting a "sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rctphosts (#5.7.1)" error.
    This problem, and the first one, more than likely is related to installing from an ISO that was bad, or the CD burn was bad.

3) can I remove plasma? I hate it and I don't care. I'm not impressed by 'plasmoids' and I don't like the look of any of it and would never use the functionality.
    Yes. When you get a good install come back and do a search about your third question. It has been answered before on this forum.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X