Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make minimize items be on bottom panel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make minimize items be on bottom panel?

I decided to try linux out a few days ago and i fell in love with it. Its Now my primary os on my laptop. But i have Kubuntu dual-booted with vista. But i deleted the part of the panel where it shows items that you have minimized and i cant figure out how to get it back. please help.

Im brand new to linux. But ive caught on pretty quick i think. Most questions ive had google has had the answer lol.

Re: Doesnt show minimized items on panel? please help

Assuming you have Juanty (maybe Karmic?), right-click on the panel, mouse over Panel Options and click on Add Widget... and click on Task Manager and then on Add Widget.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank You!!!!! ^_^

i saw task manager but i thought it was talking task manager like windows task manager. Thank you so much

Comment

You're welcome. And, welcome to the wonderful world of Linux, Kubuntu, and to KFN.

You'll notice that at the right end of the Panel, there is a grey cashew (little brother of the bigger one in the upper right-corner). If you click on it, you can click on Lock Widgets. This will ensure that you can't accidentally remove an installed widget - you have to unlock them to do so.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: How to make minimize items be on bottom panel?

Thanks again lol

Comment

Working...
          X