This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Anyone Know How to Run Websec?

I've installed Websec, but the instructions I found on the Internet are a bit vague and I'm having some trouble getting it to actually send me an email. I've created a URL.lst and websec is able to use it.

Question, is it good enough to put the home page of a web site for websec to check the entire site for changes or should I list each page of a web site as a separate URL? Please advise.

"If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Re: Does Anyone Know How to Run Websec?

url.list - websec url monitoring configuration

Would appear that you need to identify each 'unique' url you want to monitor.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi Snowhog;

Yes, I believe so.

My real problem now is that nothing is being emailed to me even though it says it is.

Code:
      mark@AMD-System:~$ websec                                  
      Web Secretary Ver 1.9.1                                   
      By Chew Wei Yih Copyleft (c) 1998                              

Processing => [url]http://www."default[/url] webpage here".com (TIS Home) ...
      Highlighting differences from previous version of webpage ...
      Sending highlighted page to "my email address here"
      AMD-System:~$
      I did blank out the web page and my email address for security reasons, but is there anything wrong with having websec send an email to myself? Would it be a problem for my system to send an email to myself? I ask because I'm not getting them and the email address cited in the websec output is correct.

"If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

If your email account is a web mail server, such as gmail or yahoo, check your spam folder.

Comment

It's not. I'm using Kmail.

Comment

Working...
          X