This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox 3.0.14

I think the last update to firefox I got broke somthing......that is to say sence the last update to 3.0.14 about a week ago firefox will freez up the system to the point of having to do the - alt>sysrq>R,S,E,I,U,B thing to restart the box.

the freezes dont seame to have eney comon ground sutch as allwase when opening some page or medea type just random freezes.

I havent notesed firefox runing up the system load or eneything emedeatley obveus .

just wandering if eney bodey elce had this happen.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Re: firefox 3.0.14

@vinny, run "htop" and watch for npviewer to suck up the CPU -- that is the flash plugin. I have seen it cause a problem in the past -- I'm running the FF 3.5 lately and have not seen the problem.

Comment

added HTOP and I dont even see npviewer runing even wile watching some youtub.

I do see 5-instenses of firefox though .........however all seams ok.

top will show firefox up to 44% CPU wile watching youtub but 3 vids no freeze yet and like I sead
      it dosent seam to mater what I'm doing...........just opening a new tab did it earleyer today.

VINNY

16GB RAM

Comment

HUmm I supose I owe firefox an apolagey ......I just had the frezze just lisening to musick on VLC...
        sence then I'v ben lisening for 1h45min and using firefox and no frezze ..........(it knows I have top open to try to cetch it)

well I gess I'll try to remember to keep top or htop runing all the time untill it happens agin and try to cetch a runaway process.......or some thing.

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

vinny,

Do you think you're possible having a over-heating problem?
          Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

Working...
          X