This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] "Copying/Moving Files" dialog disappears

Hello, I have another personal issue with KDE4.

When I move or copy files around (from DVD's, external hard drives, etc...), the "Copying/Moving files" dialog window is displayed for about 5 seconds (maybe less) and then disappears!

It doesn't matter if the copying/moving process is far from finished, the dialog just vanishes and the process continues in the background.

Is there a way for making the dialog stay on screen until the process reaches 100%?

(I tried clicking on a dialog window once to make it "active", but it didn't work, in fact, the click closed the dialog instantly).

Thanks in advance.

Re: "Copying/Moving Files" dialog disappears

I have not heard of a way to make the dialog box stay onscreen for however long the process runs.

However, on your panel there is a "Notifications and Jobs" item -- on mine it is just left of the time. This puts a little whirlygig in motion that will spin as long as the copy/move process continues. Then it will pop up a notification when the process completes.

Comment

When I do similar a temporary item appears on the panel; a blue circle with an 'i' in it.

Clicking it causes the "Copying/Moving files" dialog window to be permanently displayed, click it again to hide the window. Do you see anything like this?
      Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

From the KDE 4.2 onwards it has been possible to choose between the traditional and the plasma notifications > today's tip: turning off the fancy schmancy notifications in the panel. The KDE 4.3 has the config dialog for this (System Tray Settings).

The traditional copy notification will stay there. And if you want to, it has a button to keep the notification on after the copy is over.
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thanks guys, before reading your answers I didn't notice the "I" icon that appears on the panel when you're copying/moving files around, and as you say, clicking on it will bring back the dialog box, and that's all I really needed.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X