This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed! How to make Okular print a PDF reliably

So I set up my network printer through the KDE System settings tool.

But whenever I loaded a PDF in Okular, and tried to print, the printer light would blink for a few seconds, and then nothing would come out.

So I went back to the Printer Configuration in the KDE System Settings tool, and went to the Options tab, and under Resolution, changed it from "Printer Default" to a specific DPI setting, 300Dpi ( any supported value should work ).

Went back to Okular, and it finally started printing! It even fixed printing from Firefox for me!

Re: Fixed! How to make Okular print a PDF reliably

Wow, that's certainly a bug! (never happened to me, through the latest KDE/CUPS versions). It may have to do with the particular CUPS driver for your printer. Thanks so much for reporting the workaround! 8) (if you find the time and want to help even more, you could report this in launchpad)

Comment

Re: Fixed! How to make Okular print a PDF reliably

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I look at the status in CUPS and see

held since
      Wed Dec 9 17:59:54 2009
      "/usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftopdf failed"

What in the world does this mean? I had no problem printing with the same printer in Jaunty, but Karmic does not do it.

Dpkg tells me hpijg is installed, but not hplip-cups. Could that be related to this problem? I know not what these two packages may be.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X