This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox sound

when i play youtube with firefox all i get for sound is static!?!?!

Re: firefox sound

eaterjolly,

It really would help us help you if you would tell us more info about you computer setup. Ex: Version of Kubuntu, Firefox version, since you having problems with Firefox, and maybe your hardware would help a lot. These people on this forum are great but I don't think any of them are psychic. Perhaps put the info in your profile so it will always be there when you post.
    Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eddieg780
      eaterjolly,

It really would help us help you if you would tell us more info about you computer setup. Ex: Version of Kubuntu, Firefox version, since you having problems with Firefox, and maybe your hardware would help a lot. These people on this forum are great but I don't think any of them are psychic. Perhaps put the info in your profile so it will always be there when you post.
      ok
      Audio
      # Audio output compliant standards DirectSound
      # Audio Output Features Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers
      # Audio Input Microphone

Comment

What is needed, is the audio device your PC is using. Open a console and type:
        Code:
        lspci | grep Audio
        Copy and paste the output into your reply.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          What is needed, is the audio device your PC is using. Open a console and type:
          Code:
          lspci | grep Audio
          Copy and paste the output into your reply.
          eaterjolly@eaterjolly-laptop:~$ lspci | grep Audio
          00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

Comment

Code:
            00.1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio controller (rev 02)
            Theres mine, having the same issue.
            kubuntu9.04
            firefox-3.5
            Kubuntu9.04 AcerAspire3680

Comment

It's very likely a pulseaudio issue. Pulseaudio is an endless source of entertainment...

The issue is that pulseaudio treats different audio sources within firefox as different sound sources, each of which needs to be setup.

Bring up the pulseaudio control panel with the command padevchooser
              This can be run from konsole, or from ALT-F2.
              This should place an icon in your system tray. Click on it and choose Volume Control.
              Choose the Playback tab, and in the show box at the bottom, choose "All Streams"
              Start firefox, and start a youtube video. Hopefully, a new stream will appear in the playback panel, for which you can set the volume. Make sure the dropdown box in that stream is sending audio to your soundcard. You may also need to go to the "Output Devices" tab, and make sure it is sending audio to the right sound card, and that it is not muted.

Edit: I almost forgot...
              Bring up kmix (the speaker icon in your system tray), hit the "Mixer" button, and make sure it has a channel for PCM (a blue squiggly line at the top). If it doesn't, got to settings > configure channels, and add the PCM item, and turn the volume up.

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

It won't open but it it does wierd stuff to the current shell it removes the eaterjolly@eaterjolly-laptop leaving it blank but I can still type

Comment

I just saw your thread in the "hardware" section; it looks like that needs to get straightened out first.
                  We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

doctordruidphp,
                    I tried all that. but I just thought of closing firefox alltogether first. so hold on...;

[img width=400 height=250]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn409/ram156_pwned/soundcard3-1.png[/img]

.-.

http://s322.photobucket.com/albums/n...undcard3-1.png

this might work better, cant see image very well
                    But I have all unmutedd, and it says its there, But it dosent work >.>
                    And yes its going to correct / only sound card available, soo .-.

Wow... The updates from today, now it works
                    Next day after reboot, while the sound was clearly working, it said, Falling back to (other driver i didnt catch) ._.
                    Kubuntu9.04 AcerAspire3680

Comment

Working...
                    X