This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Tray Start Error - HELP NEEDED

I'm getting a system tray start error and my open applications do not go into the system tray when minimized. I get an HPLIP error dialog which says that the system tray failed to start. Obviously this is coming from the HP printing service which usually shows up in the system tray after logging in. Everything was working fine before I left on a trip.

How should I proceed to fix this system tray error? I could not find a similar post on this in the forum.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: System Tray Start Error - HELP NEEDED

Hi,

What version of Kubuntu and what version of KDE are you running? The more info the better. If this is KDE-4, maybe you accidentally removed the system tray widget. You can right-click on the panel and add that widget again if this is so ...

HTH!

Comment

Re: System Tray Start Error - HELP NEEDED

I'm running version 4.2.4. I'll try adding the widget back. I use Kontact and I have noticed repetitive delays when reading email. Something is causes intermittent freezing of Kontact. This does not happen if I run Kontact under the GNOME desktop. Anyway, I have some issue going on that I will have to nail down.

Comment

Working...
      X