Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to have different plasmoids on different cube faces?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to have different plasmoids on different cube faces?

When I put the network and weather and CPU plasmoids on my Desktop 1 of the cube, they appear on the other three as well.

This has probably been answered but I can't find it with any of several different search terms.

So how can I have my "home" plasmoid on Desktop 1, Weather on two, and so forth?

Running Jaunty with KDE 4.3.1 on an HP 9000 laptop (Intel)

Re: How to have different plasmoids on different cube faces?

With the KDE 4.3 > Topic: How to have different widgets on different desktops
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Okay, I hit the cashew. I get zoom out, unlock widgets, appearance settings.

Zoom out, right -- and I don't see any new toolbox with a configure plasma setting.

Passing strange.

At the bottom of the zoomed out desktop I see (with widgets unlocked) + Add Widgets, + Add Activity, a zoom in lens, a zoom out lense, and the settings wrench which opens to a Plasma desktop settings box.

Clearly I'm missing something here. Adding an activity shifts the whole thing to a different set of four faces on my cube, which isn't what I'm looking for.

Comment

I think the link Rog gave shows how to configure widgets on multiple virtual desktops, which is one thing. Default KDE 4 offers 4 virtual desktops.

The "cube" is a single desktop, in reality. Although I have seen methods posted to put different wallpapers on the 4 cube sides for Compiz (KDE 3.5), I've never managed to make it work on my rig. AFAIK, it is not possible for KDE 4.

Comment

Zooming out (at here)

Zoom out, right -- and I don't see any new toolbox with a configure plasma setting.
          Here: Zoom out and then the first activity has the "Configure Plasma"

Activitivies = Virtual desktops (if you set so)

The KDE 4 is using the activities. If you set: "Different activity for each desktop" then you could set different wallpaper for the each virtual desktop or different plasmoids for each virtual desktop.

The "cube" is a "picture" of the virtual desktops folded to the "cube" shape. It is a cube if you have 4 virtual desktops.

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
          1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
          2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131

If you set: "Different activity for each desktop" then you could set different wallpaper for the each virtual desktop or different plasmoids for each virtual desktop.
            Great -- thanks Rog!

Comment

Working...
            X