Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Resolved] Problems enabling Desktop Cube continued...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Resolved] Problems enabling Desktop Cube continued...

Generally, you really do want the kernel updates, when they are available. They are often security and performance fixes, which may be crucial to the operation of your system.

When you get notice that updates are available, look through the list of packages. A kernel update will say "linux image" something-or-other, so you can temporarily defer updating when you see that.

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Yes, I will just postpone temporarily until I'm ready to install. That's what I mean.

I thought it would only be proper of me to post a picture of this "cool new desktop cube" of mine on the forum. Below is the link.

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/index.p...o_show&ida=258

and this...

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/index.p...o_show&ida=259

THANKS AGAIN
      System<br />HP Pavilion 061 with dual boot,&nbsp; Kubuntu Lucid 10.04 &amp; Windows XP Professional SP3<br />model#: PU061AV<br />X-86 based PC<br />AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+1.79GHz<br />2 GB of RAM<br />Video:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (dedicated)<br />hard drive: Maxtor 6Y080M0, 60GB

Comment

Nice! I know exactly how you must be feeling right now. The struggle and then the joy. 8)

Enjoy your new found cube.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Good job bhamm77!

Comment

Re: Problems enabling Desktop Cube continued...

Originally posted by claydoh
            don't hold me to it as drivers have been updated since then, as has Xorg , kernels, etc :/
            yes, I get to eat my words as I just discovered I can have the desktop cube on my ancient laptop now

congrats on getting to play with your new toys

Comment

someone else may read this post when having problems....&

****forgot to mention something important.*****

Last moved I made before all began working properly, I switched from xrender (composting), to openGL (composting), in the advanced tab.
              System<br />HP Pavilion 061 with dual boot,&nbsp; Kubuntu Lucid 10.04 &amp; Windows XP Professional SP3<br />model#: PU061AV<br />X-86 based PC<br />AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+1.79GHz<br />2 GB of RAM<br />Video:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (dedicated)<br />hard drive: Maxtor 6Y080M0, 60GB

Comment

Working...
              X