X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kopete Yahoo Constant Disconnect with error 17

Hello all,

I have a problem where Kopete constantly disconnects then reconnects to yahoo, giving me this "error 17 remote host connection closed". I have googled this and all I found we're errors relating to older versions of Kopete. I really like Kopete and want to use it, The layout is so much nicer than Pidgins, but this is driving me nuts.

I'm using Version 0.70.90 on Kubuntu jaunty

Any advice?

thanks in advance,
    Angel
    Systemax PC<br />CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 4400<br />RAM: 3 GB DDR2 800 (PC2-6400)<br />Display: Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS<br />Kubuntu 9.10

Re: Kopete Yahoo Constant Disconnect with error 17

I have the exact same problem but am starting to think its not all kopetes faults, the same problem has happened to me on pidgin twice today and before. Also Yahoo are changing a lot of protocols at the moment.
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

Mine does this often, too.
      Normally when it does this, it is because some other program is heavily using the network port (during an update, for example). Kopete seems to be very sensitive to timeouts, and I don't see anything in its setup for making it more tolerant.
      Also, I have not had so much of a problem with this since today's update -- seems to be behaving a little better.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Now that you mention it Doc, I haven't noticed it much of probelm since the updates either... hmmm well here's to hoping it's gone....lol.
        Systemax PC<br />CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 4400<br />RAM: 3 GB DDR2 800 (PC2-6400)<br />Display: Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS<br />Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

I am still having this problem on Kubuntu Jaunty with the latest updates (07 Oct. 2009) and Kopete 0.70.2.
          I am using Kopete as multiclient: Yahoo an ICQ at the same time. ICQ works perfect (including file transfer); Yahoo keeps diconnecting me with error 17 every few minutes and file transfer is not working.
          Patenting software as bit pattern manipulation algorithms is absurd because you cannot patent mathematical algorithms.

Comment

The problem is on Yahoo!'s end. There is something in the Kopete Yahoo! protocol that alerts the Yahoo! servers that the client attached to their network is not the real Yahoo! Messenger. I have had this problem for at least two years on various versions of KDE. I don't know what the proper fix is for this. I am just living with it.

Mike
            http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Well, is there any way for Kopete to cheat the yahoo servers?
              Patenting software as bit pattern manipulation algorithms is absurd because you cannot patent mathematical algorithms.

Comment

Originally posted by liviubero
                Well, is there any way for Kopete to cheat the yahoo servers?
                Sure, there will be a way. Just wait patiently for the Kopete crew to update the Y! protocol.

Meanwhile, you could encourage your friends to try a new IM network. Jabber is nice because anyone is free to create a client.
                Welcome newbies!
                Verify the ISO
                Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Stumble across here. I am using Kopete 0.80.2 and Yahoo problem is fixed, BUT wait... MSN start following Yahoo frequent disconnection. After much google and found that maybe the libMSN is not up-to-date for Kubuntu 9.04 even backport updated to KDE 4.3.2

I guess patience is the key. Cheers!

Comment

Does Bug #430069 describe your Yahoo! problems? If not, then perhaps a new bug report is in order.
                    Welcome newbies!
                    Verify the ISO
                    Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

No, but this one does https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=156296

Mike
                      http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

I now find that I can no longer connect to Yahoo! at all.

Kubuntu 8.04.3 Hardy Heron
                        Qt: 3.3.8b
                        KDE: 3.5.10
                        Kopete: 0.12.7
                        Welcome newbies!
                        Verify the ISO
                        Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Telengard
                          I now find that I can no longer connect to Yahoo! at all.

Kubuntu 8.04.3 Hardy Heron
                          Qt: 3.3.8b
                          KDE: 3.5.10
                          Kopete: 0.12.7
                          Maybe you should upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by liviubero
                            Maybe you should upgrade?
                            Hardy is still supported, so I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a fix.
                            Welcome newbies!
                            Verify the ISO
                            Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Kopete and Yahoo!
                              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                              X