This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Error KIO Exec Malformed URL trash:/

I don't really know what I did by mistake hit the delete key while something was open and from now on when I try open the trash bin I get the following Error window.

Error KIO Exec

and message in the window

Malformed URL trash:/

Re: Error KIO Exec Malformed URL trash:/

Where is your trash bin located, panel or deskview?

At what ever location, right mouse on the trash icon at that location and click "Remove this trash can" (You can have more than one).

Now to replace it with a new one. Left mouse click on that location and chose "Add Widgets". When the Widgets dialog come up search for the Trash can icon and left mouse click on it to select it. Then left mouse click on the button at the bottom called "Add Widget".
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I did what you said and I still get the error. I have a trash bin on the Desktop Folder and on the task bar

Comment

Check to see if ".local/share/Trash" still exists. (It is a hidden directory under your home account.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I solved my problem when I found the same problem on the internet and the solutions they had was to re-assign either konqueror or dolphin as the default application browser to open up folders and media products (in --> system settings --> Default applications). I did that and now the problem went away

Comment

Working...
          X