This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phonon, alsa and softvol

Actually I don't really know whether this is a problem of phonon but nevertheless - maybe I can get some pointers wherelse to look...

Thing goes as follows:
    I'm using a M-Audio 24/96 soundcard which I control with envy24control. Secondly I created a sovtvol device, due to the cards 'sophisticated' controls and in principle it works as descibed in the alsa wiki. Meaning with kmix I can access the Master and control the volume.
    However, what doesn't work - anymore, since the sofvol creation - is playback from several sources. For example I'm watching some video with xine, pause the playback and trying to watch a video on youtube (with opera). Same problem when I have been watching a video on youtube and from another website play a mp3 which excecutes amarok (Amarok says sound device not working).
    Long story short I can only playback audio from a single source if no other audio software is active. If so I have to close all instances and reopen the one I'm intending to use.

If anyone have any ideas...?
    Thanks in advance!

my .asoundrc:
    Code:
    pcm.!default {
      type       plug
      slave.pcm    "softvol"
    }

pcm.softvol {
      type      softvol
      slave {
        pcm     "front"
      }
      control {
        name    "Master"
        card    0
      }
    }

Re: phonon, alsa and softvol

I can't help you specifically, but I had a problem like that and this page solved it: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EnableSoftwareMixing I used that asound.conf and then everything worked. I've got another (perhaps similar) problem now - but that's another story.

Comment

Working...
    X