Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

firefox/facebook issue (java/flash maybe?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox/facebook issue (java/flash maybe?)

I've had this issue for, I don't know, 2 years maybe. Facebook as always been slow in firefox on my kubuntu machine, but it seems to have gotten worse.

When I type anything in a text box on the site, the letters show up at around one letter a second. Facebook apps are all slow as can be, and frequently the formatting within the app itself is messed up. I can grab a screenie if you think it'd help.

I don't know enough about web programming to know what things facebook runs behind the scenes to make things run, but I suspect that it's an underlying issue on my machine. I haven't noticed slowdowns on any other website in particular, but this machine doesn't go very many other places online. I did install the shuritoku or whatever firefox 3.5 is called. It had the same issue. As does seamonkey, and so does konqueror.

So do you think this is a java(script) problem? Flash maybe? Some other website technology?

If you need some piece of information, just spell out the exact command(s) you'd like me to put in, and I'll do it with all haste.

Re: firefox/facebook issue (java/flash maybe?)

As does seamonkey, and so does konqueror.
    If you tested these, you should try also chrome. It seems to be the fastest.
    FF 3.5b4 very very fast and chrome is faster
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Re: firefox/facebook issue (java/flash maybe?)

I installed chromium. The typing issue isn't there, but whatever layout problem there is with firefox, it exists in chromium as well.

I feel it's worth pointing out that I have two computers that run the latest Kubuntu. One has issues, the other does not. Something is different between them, but I have no idea what it is...

Comment

Working...
      X