X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sound problem

Hello,

I updated today from 8.10 to 9.04. Everything was perfect until I checked the sound. It's very clear it just doesn't work any more in 9.04 (it did work perfectly in 8.10). My sound card is audigy 2zs with 2.1 speakers from logitech. I have checked with Kmix that nothing is muted (it worked with this configuration in 8.10). The only thing I can think of is that while the update was running, he asked if he had to delete some packages and I said 'yes'.

Now I had this problem before and coudn't find the problem myself (so I installed the original 8.10). Now I really want to find the problem.

Also, I have a 2nd (very small) problem. The clock at the bottem right corner says 6:40PM. Before the update, it would have said 18:40. And I can't seem to find the place where I can change that back.

Hope anyone has run to this problems before and fixed them,

Bwomp

ps: sory for the chaotic text

Re: sound problem

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3101664.0 this helped the sound problem.

Anyone knows the solution to that stupid clock that's stuck in American mode (am & pm).

Comment

For the time, go to System Settings and then Regional & Language. There is a Time and Date tab which you can set the clock display.

Comment

Thanks Nate, works perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Bwomp
          Thanks Nate, works perfect
          Bwomp, the forum will work better if different questions have their own thread! Thanks!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I guess you know you can right click on the clock and get a bunch of options there. If not, you do now. Ya, the am pm thing is a strange choice for a default. Oh well ...

Broken sound is a common situation and using google is not much help because it doesn't look like anybody has found a solution that is common to everyone. In fact, it looks like many people don't find a solution. At least not a complete one. Since most sound devices have decent support now, it looks like some random install problem. I guess it's the luck of the draw. I'll be watching this thread.

Comment

Bwomp@
              Take a look here. Might be the help you need to fix your sound issue.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X