This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L1310G fan stop at kernel load

Hi!I am new to linux.I have a fujitsu siemens L1310G notebook running kubuntu 9.04.The problem is that when i boot with the processor cold the fan stops after the grub menu.When the temperature of the cpu reaches 70C or 75C i reboot and the fan remains open after the grub menu..is there any solution?
    fan problem
    0%
    kernel bug
    0%

Re: L1310G fan stop at kernel load

Check this out: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=53702
    It may be of help.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Its like learning chinesse in one day... Thanks anyway.

Comment

Well, there is always the heavy hammer approach:

Ok, the acpi=off solution: Start your computer, in GRUB(the OS selection tool) press 'e' button, when your default kernel is highlighted. This should allow you to edit kernel boot parameters. Just add acpi=off to the end of the line. Press enter and then 'b' key. Your kernel should boot without acpi support, thus with fans running always full throttle and no battery monitoring support...
        Or,

Install the 2.6.15 kernel and try it.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

my kernel is 2.6.28.15 and i try the solution on this link https://wiki.kubuntu.org/LaptopTesti...tsuAmiloL1310G but doesn't seem to be working on my kernel.So i will turn off the acpi.I just hope to have no problems with my lan card..

Comment

well with the acpi=off option i get a blank screen after kernel load.

Comment

mmm... frying pan into the fire.

I am out of ideas. sorry.

Comment

Working...
              X