This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

playing rtsp:// streams

I'm trying to play a radio stream through amarok 2. "http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/realmed...ottingham.ram". Although it shows as playing in amarok 2, mplayer and realplayer, no sound comes out. It does play in firefox via the mplayer plugin. It seems to forward it to a rtsp url "rtsp://rmlive-lr.bbc.co.uk/bbc-rbs/rmlive-lr/ev7/live24/nottingham/live.ra?BBC-UID=a49a0964bdbb4d1464a7aacc71bbac32cdfd0568800071 af42c900ac86b0b7f6&SSO2-UID=". I have tried to paste this url directly into amarok and it seems not to play at all. If I put this url into realplayer, it shows it as radio nottingham but then closes/crashes.

Anyone had any luck with this?

Re: playing rtsp:// streams

When an application is not working, start the application throught the konsole. There will (should) be an error message.

With the Amarok 2 (amarok-2.1.1).

At here the Amarok will give error:
    demux_wavpack: (open_wv_file:127) open_wv_file: non-seekable inputs aren't supported yet.
    demux_wavpack: (open_wv_file:127) open_wv_file: non-seekable inputs aren't supported yet.
    and a after short time the Amarok will give up.

The VLC is playing BBC-Radio Nottingham without problems.

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Many thanks for your feedback rog. I had hoped that I could get it working in amarok as that's the player that's always open on my desktop. Looks like it's going to be a wait before it is supported. With VLC I did notice after a couple of minutes it stops to fill the buffers i presume and starts playing with echo and a lot faster than it should be. This is probably a configuration issue.

Comment

With VLC I did notice after a couple of minutes it stops to fill the buffers i presume and starts playing with echo and a lot faster than it should be. This is probably a configuration issue.
        Yes, same is happening here . I can't find a proper setting but here the mplayer (seems to ) is working. 10 min without problems.

I'm starting the mplayer with the command:
        Code:
        mplayer -playlist [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/realmedia/live/localradio/nottingham.ram[/url]
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

mplayer is working for me as well now, why it didn't before I don't know but after a reboot so far it's ok. Hopefully before too long there will be a work around for amarok.

Comment

Working...
          X