Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I add an account to network settings in Kmail?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I add an account to network settings in Kmail?

I have tried to search this, with no luck. So hopefully I will not annoy anyone with this question.

I just installed Kubuntu 9.04 on my laptop. I had Kubuntu once before on my old pc and liked the applications that came with KDE. Unfortunately I can't really find much when something goes wrong! I am having two major problems. I will try and search the other one.

When it first installed I added my two POP mail accounts. One is with yahoo, and the other with Verizon. It downloaded my e'mails, at first. However when I again logged into Kmail, the "check mail" icon was grayed out. I closed it, and reopened it and got a message " you must add an account to the network settings in Kmail! to get mail" Ok I looked at settings, but saw nothing about "network" so how do I go about doing this. Hopefully I do not have to enter any network numbers ( I don't know the proper term ) 000/000/0000 that sort, as in network manager settings. Because I have no way of obtaining these. Verizon is set to work with Windows, and they do not give any support for LINUX. So I have no way to get those setting numbers.

Please tell me this is not what I need. Otherwise I will not be able to use kmail!

my other problem is with kpackage---it will not work at all.

Re: How do I add an account to network settings in Kmail?

try opening Kmail and then go to tools and run the account wizerd agin ?

you do half to know the server name for send and recev and what kind of protocall the servis requiers.

and I dident think yahoo let you do POP or IMAP withought a premeum acct.
    that's why I got a gmail acct. (thay do let you use POP or IMAP)

PS: I anserd your other thred

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

kpackage is not the best, in my opinion... I use GDebi Package Installer for all my package needs (other than of course synaptic)...

Code:
      sudo apt-get install gdebi-kde

Comment

Forget KPackage, I second everyone else on that one. If it is impeding your use of the Terminal and Synaptic (if you have already installed it), then you must post the error text with more specific detail.

As for KMail. I use it without problems from Yahoo (UK) POP forwarding. I too have never seen anything about 'network settings' in any of the options in this program.

I would suggest starting afresh setting up just one account first of all. See if that works. Then add the other and see what happens.

Apparently free Yahoo.com (US version) does not allow POP forwarding. I think most other countries do.

Comment

This URL gives the settings for IE6, but they are pretty much the same regardless:
          http://www.dslreports.com/faq/vz/7.3_E-Mail

POP3: incoming.verizon.net
          SMTP: outgoing.verizon.net
          Check the box labeled "My server requires authentication"

Select the "Use name and password" check box.
          Enter your Verizon Online User ID in the "User Name" field. Note:
          Enter your user name, not your e-mail alias.

At this time (08/09) Verizon supports POP3/SMTP on ports 110/25 only.
          SSL encrypted ports are not available.

By "network numbers" if you are referring to the DNS IP addresses those are automatically supplied by the ISP via the DHCP request for an IP address and stored in /etc/resolv.conf.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X