This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed regarding adobe reader

Hi ,i installed adobe reader using .deb file .After installing only i found that the language is displayed in german.How to change the language to English.

Re: Help needed regarding adobe reader

How to change the language to English.
    Are you sure it is not possible inside the program? I have in XP a Windows version and there is on menu Edit - Options - International - Application Language - change it to the language of operation system.
    I have a question - you do not like Okular, which is default in Kubuntu for viewing PDF?
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Why don't you enable the medibuntu repository, see here

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

This will enable you to install it via your package manager and as a result it will be more properly integrated into your system.

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply. I could not able to edit any changes becoz the language itself is not in understandable format.I liked the okular,but still i want to use adobe reader ,that is y i installed. Now i cant uninstall also using synaptic or Adept. so what is the solution for this,waiting for the reply

Comment

If you installed via a .deb file you ought to be able to uninstall it via your package manager.

Is it simply that you cannot find it?

In synaptic ensure that in the left hand pane you have highlighted "all". Then type adobe in the search box. You should then see it and be able to remove it. Alternatively, type adberdr in the search box (that seems to be the start of the name of the file you have downloaded) and you should then see it.

Comment

hi

Hi ,i have to type 'acro' in the synaptic manager.Now i found and unistalled successfully.Thanks for your support

Comment

Working...
            X