This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing timezone in KOrganizer to "no selection"

In the past I have worked in both Australia and India and my previous business/work appointments data was in 9:00am-5:00pm format. I want to keep it in this format whether I am in Australia or India and to show all my past appointments whether they were in Australia or India as 9:00am-5:00pm. In the past when I have installed a new version of Kubuntu my old appointment data would change to Australia time zone if I had the local time zone as India.(eg: my previous appointments that were 9:00am-5:00pm would change to 2:30pm-10:00pm). In the past I could overcome this problem by changing the time zone of KOrganizer to no selection and KOrganizer would ask me if I would like to change the times or keep them. If I ticked change the times they would change my past appointments from 2:30pm-10:00pm (Australia time zone) to normal 9:00am - 5:00 pm (what they were originally). My data goes back 7 years and I would like to keep them in this format. Two weeks ago I did a clean install of Kubuntu Jaunty and installed my KOrganizer data in .kde\share...\Korganizer folder. I went to KOrganizer settings-->Config Calendar--> Time date tab---> Time zone and changed the time zone to "no selection"and applied it. But unlike the previous versions of KOrganizer it didn't ask me any questions about "changing or keeping the times" and it didn't change the times of my past appointments of the last 5 years from 2:30pm-10:00pm to 9:00am-5:00pm.

Does anyone know how I can make this work? Something has been changed from 3.5... KDE to 4.2 that has interfered with this option

Re: Changing timezone in KOrganizer to "no selection"

Doing a quick search I think I have found the reason why it doesn't work anyone can correct me if I'm wrong. There is a known Korganiser bug see http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/korgan...ly/006152.html [Korganizer-devel] [Bug 201023] New: time zone selection not available calendar shows UTC only.

Something similar occurred back in Nov 2005 and a solution proposed was to run a script that a kde programmer wrote to change the data in std.ics (see http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdepim&m=113209312719926&w=2 . Anyone willing to look at this and tell me if this might help me?

Comment

Re: Changing timezone in KOrganizer to "no selection"

I solved my own problem. I edited the std.ics file removing all the Z's in the appropriate places (basically every cap Z in the file). When I do this it also removes Z in ORGANIZER. Then I re-insert Z into ORGANIER and reopen the file. And my timings are back to 9:00am-5:00pm work days for the last 7 years

Comment

Working...
      X