X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

basic question on Amarok 2.0.2

Hi,

I have a very stupid question on Amarok 2.0.2.

I have my collection on the local hard-drive. When I plug a usb memory I would like to easily select and copy few mp3 files on it.

What would be very useful is the possibility to right click on the mouse and copy the selected files somewhere. However, this seems to be not possible.

I have to search the file on Amarok (under the collection view), look the real file name (track details) and switch to dolphin or the konsole to copy it.

It is quite slow and frustrating.

I'm sure I'm missing something, could you please help?

thanks
    g.
    ---------------<br />Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic<br />Kubuntu 9.04 64bit KDE 4.2.2<br />Dell Precision M2400 Intel Dual Core 2<br />Nvidia Quadro FX 370M (Driver Nvidia 180.44)<br />HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)<br />---------------

Re: basic question on Amarok 2.0.2

bro, just my opinion... something seems wrong (interface, no sound ) with amarok (this version anyway). use audacious or alsaplayer for mp3s. worked from the start....

Comment

I'm on version 2.1.1 and drag and drop works from Amarok to Dolphin. It's not a right click option in Amarok but it's pretty good if your track names don't have a lot of special characters in the names. Somebody else will need to confirm if it works in earlier 2.x versions. Copy errors result if the track name includes shell special characters. I have not verified if all special characters cause problems or just some of them.

Code:
      Track names like Unconditional Love [#] from my collection failed to copy using drag and drop. In my case it was mostly track names that included square bracket characters in the name.
      linux &amp;&amp; bash = &quot;the future&quot;

Comment

thanks to both of you.

durg&drop does not work, the icon seems to change accordingly to a "copy" operation but no file is dropped in the directory currenty opened in dolphin.

I tried both with an external hard-disk and with another directory of the local hard-disk.

I might try audacious, hope that it will not modify my audio set-up, I had to spent several days to make ti work...

best,
        g.
        ---------------<br />Linux kernel 2.6.28-15-generic<br />Kubuntu 9.04 64bit KDE 4.2.2<br />Dell Precision M2400 Intel Dual Core 2<br />Nvidia Quadro FX 370M (Driver Nvidia 180.44)<br />HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)<br />---------------

Comment

I had a similar problem. I figured out when you unplug the USB stick the songs go with it. In other words, first you have to copy or move the songs to your hard drive in your computer, then, don't move them to keep them in Amarok. Use import/update to get them into Amarok. Kubuntu is great, but, it is not an Apple Macintosh which follows the files around for you. I prefer Kubuntu, I've had several systems. Hope this helps.
          Bob
          Robert Collard, Springfield, IL<br />Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16Ghz<br />Xubuntu 9.10 x86_64

Comment

Working...
          X