Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I totally missed up my tool bar is there a way to get back the original?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally missed up my tool bar is there a way to get back the original?

Is there a way to reset my toolbar because i totally ruin it trying to get it back how it was. Please guys

Re: I totally missed up my tool bar is there a way to get back the original?

If by "how it was" you mean as it was originally before customization, you can open a console and type:
    Code:
    rm .kde/share/config/plasma*
    Restart KDE and the three configuration files will be rebuilt using default settings.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      If by "how it was" you mean as it was originally before customization, you can open a console and type:
      Code:
      rm .kde/share/config/plasma*
      Restart KDE and the three configuration files will be rebuilt using default settings.

Do I suppose to login as root? I don't even know that. Been a while since i installed linux. Okay I type
      jaime@ubuntu:~$ rm .kde/share/config/plasma*
      rm: cannot remove `.kde/share/config/plasma*': No such file or directory
      jaime@ubuntu:~$

Also I installed quake 3 and no sound comes out and fps is low. And I know I have fancy grahpics when i do alt and tab, how can i turn off that fancy grahpics? I always had compiz problem when i run a gamep fps get low. Now I haven't setup no grahpic thingy yet it has some extra of that tricks stuff like compiz, how do i turn it off? My system is on default.

Anyways the above command didn't work.

Comment

Okay. I'm not on 9.04, but I do have KDE 4.3.00 and am using Plasma.

In the console, type:
        Code:
        locate plasma | grep /home
        You'll get a result like this:
        /home/paul/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc
        /home/paul/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktoprc
        /home/paul/.kde/share/config/plasmarc
        In my system, .kde/share/config/ is the directory within my user home directory (/home/paul/) that contains the plasma* files that you want to remove. Compare your result of the above command and retype the rm command accordingly. IF YOU ARE NOT SURE, then just copy/paste the result of:
        Code:
        locate plasma | grep /home
        in your reply and I'll give you the code to type.

Comment

I just deleted manually and it worked. Thanks.

Comment

Glad you got it resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by jcer93705
              I just deleted manually and it worked. Thanks.
              The easiest way to do it is to use rm ~/.kde/share/config/plasma*

Comment

Working...
              X