Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I add a active directory user to sudoers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I add a active directory user to sudoers?

Hi, I'm using open Likewise from the reposetories. all works fine and I can loging using my activedirectory\username account. It created a user under /Home/active directory name/username.

In the kde user manager, I cannot find the user to insert it into the ADM group. Must I visudo and insert the activedirectory\username in there somewhere?

thanks

Re: How can I add a active directory user to sudoers?

I am using Ubuntu w/ our AD. I was able to give Domain users the ability to sudo by adding

%Domain\ Users ALL=(ALL) ALL

w/ visudo...

I am having trouble adding single users, but we have funny chars in the usernames...
    Hope it helps

Comment

You gave *all* the users on your domain sudo ability!? Man, I hope you really trust your users.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Ok, I added the following line into my sudoers file using visudo. I entered my proper info as opposed to domain + username.

DOMAIN\username ALL=(ALL) ALL

And even after rebooting, I get the message when trying to enter my password when prompted that the user is unknown tu sudo!

I tried the domain name in lower cases a well, but in Linux most likely the domain name should be in upper cases.

did I miss anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          You gave *all* the users on your domain sudo ability!? Man, I hope you really trust your users.
          Sheesh... Thanks for the input, Snowhog... It is a test box.

Originally posted by blkmax
          Ok, I added the following line into my sudoers file using visudo. I entered my proper info as opposed to domain + username.

DOMAIN\username ALL=(ALL) ALL
          I think you misunderstand...

Once the Linux box is added to AD, you no longer need to put the domain name in with the AD groups in the sudoers file. "Domain Users" is the group name. The '\' is to escape the space in the group name.

I am trying to accomplish the same thing so if you get a working example, I would love to see it.

Comment

I figured something else out. You need to have the kerberos module, i.e. pam_krb5.so listed in the /etc/pam.d/sudo file:

Code:
            auth required pam_krb5.so blah, blah, blah
            auth or session or whatever else you need to stack to make this work... pam_unix.so
            ...or what ever the equivalent is in Kubuntu... I am trying to work this out in Arch

Comment

Working...
            X