X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] kalarm error message

" You must select a resource to save the alarm in. "

I am putting this here because when I had that error message a lot of Googling brought no answer. One posting with no solution supplied on another forum. I am hoping anyone who has that problem can find it here.

Kalarm is a very important utility for me. I have tried other means of reminding me of things to do, but they all either are too hard to set up, or don't work unless the computer happens to be on at the alarm time. I would not want a computer or distro without Kalarm. I have things set 10 years in the future. I have my every four weeks irrigation schedule set for as long as my computer works.

When I install a new distro, I have always simply moved calendar.ics to the new distro, and it worked fine with no changes. In fact, I have a list of things to move so the new distro is configured like the old one, has all the same alarms in case of Kalarm, etc.

Alas, 9.04 uses a different format, apparently for calendar.ics. So, when I tried to add a new alarm, it gave me the message above.

I checked, and the folder ~/.kde/share/apps/kalarm had changed to user:root group:root so fixed that with

chown myname:myname path/filename

Same error when I tried to add a new alarm.

I finally snooped through the menu on Kalarm, and found an import function.

When I imported the calendar.ics file from ~ where I had stored it, kalarm worked fine.

So, the answer to that error message seems to be fixing user and group on folder, also importing calendar.ics instead of simply moving it into the correct place as we have always done.
Working...
X