Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE 4.3 on Jaunty, Small Problem, Appreciate Advice!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.3 on Jaunty, Small Problem, Appreciate Advice!

Hello,
    I have a Dell XPS m1330 with Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
    Model: Ge Force 8400M Driver: NVIDIA 185.18.14. I installed added the repositories and did a dist-upgrade after adding the sources for KDE 4.3 packages. I also install WICD version: 1.6.2 through the PPA's. The only problem I seem to have is when I wake-up from suspend I can't get the mouse of keyboard to respond for a full 60 to 90 seconds. I've looked through some of the logs but I didn't see anything that stands out and I'm just confused.
    I applied ALL updates before I added the 4.3 PPA and installed the latest kernel available. so I'm really perplexed. I'm kind of a "nob," but I can find my way around with tutorials, etc.
    If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate the help. PLEASE be kind if I posted in the wrong forum, etc. I'm new here! Thanks for any advice........ :-)

Re: KDE 4.3 on Jaunty, Small Problem, Appreciate Advice!

Welcome Casper, you'd be surprised how nice people are here, no worries.

So, the mouse you refer to is the trackpad in the laptop, right? Are the desktop effects enabled? I would start by disabling them and trying, since the xserver (graphics) also controls the trackpad ... does that help?

Comment

Hello,
      Thanks for the reply! I'm sorry I should have been a little more specific. The USB Logitech mouse freezes (was fine in 4.2.4) along with the keyboard and all buttons. For some reason it take a long time to respond to any input? Still stumped, thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Ah, have you tried unplugging and re-pluggin the usb keyboard/mouse? Should work right away (a bit annoying, but hey)

Comment

I haven't given it a try yet. I'll let you know when I get back to my laptop.
          Thanks Again!

Comment

Working...
          X