This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Device (jockey-kde) doesn't work after upgrade

I recently upgraded to Jaunty from Intrepid - everything was fine.
    I upgraded KDE to 4.3 - everything was still fine... kind of...
    I got tons of hard locks where I had to hit reset. However, these were accompanied by video corruption identical to problems I was having in Intrepid with the nVidia drivers, only it didn't lock up. So the lockups are actually video driver problems and changing compositing from OpenGL to XRender cleared them up. But that's not so much an acceptable solution.
    SO... no problem, just update the video drivers... only Hardware Device doesn't work. Not sure if this is on the KDE side or the Jaunty side. jockey-kde will start, I'll see the icon bounce and get the window listed on my kicker as if it's about to come up, then nothing. I tried EnvyNG too... same thing. This was a known bug with the upgrade to Jaunty at some point and was fixed, but removing and reinstalling jockey did not resolve it.
    If Intrepid is any indication, I need to be able to easily switch between drivers to find the one that has the fewest bugs, but can't without jockey. Any one able to help? Otherwise EVERYTHING works and I am LOVING Kde 4.3!

Re: Hardware Device (jockey-kde) doesn't work after upgrade

Could you try to run it from the command line and see what happens? (it may give you a hint as of why it is failing)

Comment

Interesting... it just says "segmentation fault"

Comment

Wow! Could you please try uninstalling and installing it back and see if it works? Hardware drivers are running just fine on KDE 4.3 here ... (no segfault).

Comment

I did a full removal of jockey-kde and then reinstalled, but still no dice. I was able to go into Synaptic and change from the 180 drivers back to 170 - problem with the video drivers SOLVED. I was right; it hard locked under Intrepid with the 180 driver too. But the Jockey thing still has me scratching my head even though I've locked the driver version and don't really need it currently. I was expecting at least something when I ran it from the console.

Comment

Working...
          X