X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digikam

Got some updates for Digikam and ShowFoto - KDE 4.3. today
    Digikam works again
    Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Re: Digikam

Great, is that in Karmic or Jaunty? (the ppa repo). Thanks !

Comment

the Jaunty repo's
      Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Comment

Those updates were a welcome start to my day. It's good to see Digikam working without having to wait for Karmic.

Comment

Originally posted by cantodea
          Got some updates for Digikam and ShowFoto - KDE 4.3. today
          Digikam works again
          Thanks for the heads-up!

DigiKam is also working again for me.

Is it me, or does it seem to be a lot faster. It found my ~/Pictures directory (I know,it's now standard) but when it opened up on photos it was nearly instantaneous in its registration and database creation of all the photos I have.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Digikam feels A LOT faster to me as well. Looks like a great release.
            Don&#39;t Panic!

Comment

I am curious. Does 9.04 automatically detect the plugged in camera? On 7.04 it did all by itself. On 9.04, first I had to apt-get it for it to even be there.

It will work if I open digikam and tell it to import, but it does not give me an automatic window as 7.04 did.

Comment

Originally posted by irlandes
                I am curious. Does 9.04 automatically detect the plugged in camera? On 7.04 it did all by itself. On 9.04, first I had to apt-get it for it to even be there.

It will work if I open digikam and tell it to import, but it does not give me an automatic window as 7.04 did.
                I am running KDE 4.3 on 9.04 and the new DigiKam app recongizes my camera but requires that I click "import"-->Kodac DX7630 to open the download dialog.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

However, if Digikam is closed, and I connect the camera, and turn it on in "transfer" mode, the Device Notifier Widget on the panel pops up right away and asks me if I want to import the photos of the camera that has been connected. I say Yes and it does exactly that. This is exactly the way things should work: on a workflow basis (people want to do things with their computers, not open programs and investigate the menues )

Comment

Originally posted by lmilano
                    However, if Digikam is closed, and I connect the camera, and turn it on in "transfer" mode, the Device Notifier Widget on the panel pops up right away and asks me if I want to import the photos of the camera that has been connected. I say Yes and it does exactly that. This is exactly the way things should work: on a workflow basis (people want to do things with their computers, not open programs and investigate the menues )
                    mmm.... When I plugged in my camera and turned it on the Device Notifier popped up, but I did not click on it, expecting DigiKam to pop up instead. When DigiKam didn't open I clicked on the DigiKam menu icon to open it. When it opened I clicked the import - Kodac DX7630 menu option.

BUT, when I repeated the process, but this time clicked on the Device Notifier icon that popped up, as you did, it immediately fired DigiKam and displayed the download dialog with all my pictures showing.

So, I was using the Device Notifier the wrong way with my camera. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

This is another case where I went back and tried again, with 33 new pictures taken today on a drive across Puebla State,and now it worked as you say it should, and I agree this is what I expected. Before I sat there and acted as if no camera was connected.

Thanks so much!

I usually do not post here, I have posted about once every three or four days since 1999 on JustLinux, but there were so many problems with 9.04 I felt I had to go where the experts were.

I came with 9 problems, and this is the second one fixed. Seven to go, but I am putting them on separate postings to keep things in control. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X