This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locks up on standby.

I got 9.04 installed my on my toshiba laptop.
    Works great but I have 2 issues.

1: When I close the lid. It doesn't seem like the laptop harddrive shuts down. If I come back to the laptopn like 15-20 minutes later the system will resume but will be very hot.

2: If I'm unplugged, when I close the lid. It can't be reopened. The same thing. The laptop will get very warm. But under battery power, It will be locked up. Screen doesn't flicker, no caps lock light, nada..

Any ideas on what I should look for?

Re: Locks up on standby.

Hi! I wonder if it's trying to hibernate and there is no hibernation partition? You can look in System Settings, Advanced, Power Management, and see what you've got for the different profiles. Also, from the battery plasmoid, you can force a suspend.

If suspend is not working, the simplest thing you can do is disable it, and configure things such that closing the lid only shuts down the display, or something along these lines. If it doesn't work and you do want to try other things, please ask, but it's probably a lot of work, and not for the faint of heart

Comment

Ok, I changed it to do nothing when I close the lid.
      Also set it to "suspend to disk" It was at "Suspend to ram"

Comment

Well, suspend to disk is the one that is usually more problematic. You may want to just never suspend if you are having trouble ...

Comment

Working...
        X