X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Question

So far I am really digging KDE 4.3.

I would never have gotten my wireless working but somebody from the ubuntu forums hooked up with me on the messenger and I copied and pasted his instructions in the terminal till we found out what the problem was. Something to do with adding a WL to the end of a file and blacklisting fb4 or something like that. A problem with broadcom and the KDE set up is wrong. Anyway I still like it a lot.

However, I am wondering if there is another package installer better than Kpackagekit. I don't like how the software is listed. I don't know what most of it is. All the names are too confusing and it would take forever to browse through it and find stuff I might be interested in. I remember Ubuntu has a nice package manager. I downloaded synaptic but it isn't working the way it did in Ubuntu.

So any suggestions on a package installer that is good for just browsing the package list?

Re: Basic Question

Yep. Open System > Konsole and enter

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install synaptic

followed by your password.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCityCat
      So any suggestions on a package installer that is good for just browsing the package list?
      Synaptic! Hands down!

Comment

That's cool, but I did install synaptic. It seems to be functioning different than it did in ubuntu. Is there a way to configure it better?

Comment

Originally posted by BigCityCat

Is there a way to configure it better?

Define "better", please.

Comment

Well it seems it has a lot more sections on the left side to search through than it did under ubuntu. Anyway I guess it's still works the same.

Comment

Working...
            X