This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved : kweather KDE 4.2 [ 4.3 now installed ]

There have been several threads on this, some users, like me, find it will not locate our cities. It was a buggy app in all the early 3.5 releases but has been flawless for well over a year. Is that the case again, an applet [ plasmoid ] released well before its' time?

I read that the one in 4.3 works, so when I can install 4.3, I will try that. There should be a few 4.3 users now, does it work?

Cheerio

Merv Curley<br />Toronto, On.&nbsp; Can

Re: kweather KDE 4.2

It works for Toronto, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
      It works for Toronto, at least.
      Not for me. I selected 'Enviro Canada' maybe I should try one of the others?

Regards

Comment

I did too. Just type "Toronto" in the Place section. Nothing else. It should bring up two Toronto options.

Comment

I did too. Just type "Toronto" in the Place section. Nothing else. It should bring up two Toronto options.
          That works in 3.5.10, but not in 4.2 for me. I now have 4.3 installed, and there I don't even see the 3 entries for sources that were in 4.2. Something different in our installs, I assume.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Search for dataengines in kpackagekit. You may need to install one or two dataengine packages to bring back that functionality.

Comment

Search for dataengines in kpackagekit. You may need to install one or two dataengine packages to bring back that functionality.
              Wow, that was key for a lot of things that weren't right. I installed plasma-dataengines-addons which removed kdeplasma-addons-data, the meta package added 8 other packages.
              Weather applet now works just fine.

I can now change wallpapers, I have a more complete menu, seems like everything I look at has improved.

Thanks a ton for my having a much better 4.3 experience

Regards

Comment

Working...
              X