X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer doesn't find java

Hello

So i installed a runescape private server using wine because it was a .exe. But when i want to start client.exe it says that it can't find java but im pretty sure that i have java because i have installed like java like 5 times using the terminal and i can play real runescape which uses java too.

So how can i make it work?

Mirko

Re: Computer doesn't find java

Install Java under WINE?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Might sound like a really stupid question but how do i do that?

Comment

I put a question mark after it because that was just a wild guess. In that mode:

Install FireFox.exe under WINE, browse to Sun's Java website and install the Windows version?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

That didin't work when i try installing java it starts to download the installer finishes it and then gives me 2 errors.

Comment

Do you have a licensed copy of XP on a CD?

If you do, I'd install Virtual Box 3.0 and then install XP under it as a guest OS. Then use that to run your windows apps. Except for gaming apps XP under VB3 runs about as fast as XP on the HD runs (at least on my Sony VAIO).

If you don't, I have only one other suggestion: CodeWeaver's CrossOver product. It is a commercial implementation of WINE (and responsible for most of WINE's improvements of late)
            http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxlinux/

It runs most Windows applications, but you can download a trial copy and install your app and see if it runs under CrossOver before you buy it. Again, it is not for gaming apps. There is an application database which lists the Windows apps that will run under CrossOver, and the degree of sucess you'll have in running them.

Comment

Working...
            X