This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail show reply above quoted text

I need some help with Kmail. When I reply to a email my text always shows up below the quoted text. I would rather it shows up above quoted text. I have tried moving the %cursor above the quoted text in the standard templates in the the reply to tab but nothing changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Kmail show reply above quoted text

Thunderbird gives you this option in Accounts > account name > composition and addressing

quote or not quote original message, then start you reply above, below or wherever.

Have a look at KMail preferences or whatever, try under accounts, as it may give this option for each specific account rather than assuming that you want to do the same thing for every mail account.

HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Re: Kmail show reply above quoted text

Originally posted by hedgehorn
      I have tried moving the %cursor above the quoted text in the standard templates in the the reply to tab but nothing changes.
      I tried changing it and it's working as expected here (but I'm on Karmic rather than Jaunty, so it could be a bug with jaunty's kmail).

A few things to try/check:
      1. There are different templates for 'reply to sender' and 'reply to all', are you editing/using the correct one?
      2. Standard templates can be overridden by user specific (set via Settings>Identities) or folder specific (set via right-click folder>properties) templates, check that you haven't enabled such templates.
      3. You can try creating a custom template to see if you can get it working that way.

Comment

Working...
      X