This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bespin vs. Firefox -- they don't like each other

I'm using Kubuntu Jaunty with KDE 4.3 RC2 with the bespin style. I noticed with Firefox 3.0, and now with Firefox 3.5, that when I close firefox the process would not die but just hang, so that I had to manually kill it in order to start firefox again.

I went through all the recommended troubleshooting for firefox, but nothing fixed it. Finally, I tried changing my widget style from bespin to something else, and the problem went away. I went back to bespin, and the problem starts up again.

So my questions are:
    - is anyone else using bespin experiencing this issue with firefox?
    - Given that I'm using KDE and Firefox from ppa's rather than official repos, should I report a bug and to whom?
    - Anyone know a fix? (yeah I'm not holding my breath on that one, I have no idea why this would happen)

EDIT: ok, see below, now it's happening with other themes.
    Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Re: Bespin vs. Firefox -- they don't like each other

Pretty strange I have been using bespin style for quite some time now.. I never had any issue with either firefox 3.0 or firefox 3.5.. I had always been happy with bespin.. none issues so far.. working perfectly.. I used firefox3.0 from official repos and firefox 3.5 from mozilla site, not the official repos or ppa.

I also dont have any idea why that would happen.. mebbe some other processes is causing some conflict

May be you can download firefox tarballs from mozilla site, extract it and run firefox and see whether the problem persists....

No further idea... sorry ..
    Sony Vaio VGN-NR160E/T<br />Kubuntu 9.04 KDE 4.3.00

Comment

I like bespin too! If I didn't, this wouldn't be an issue for me. The version of firefox doesn't seem to matter, in fact firefox acts just fine under icewm on the same computer, and with different kde styles on the same computer.

Comment

Ok, update... it's starting to happen with the crystal theme now too. So bespin is off the hook.

Comment

Working...
        X