This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing JDownloader (SOLVED)

I am trying to install JDownloader. With the help of posters on here, I have managed to install Java but am having difficulty installing the program. I could not find it in any of the package managers so I went to their site. Clicking on the 'Linux' version I have no idea of what to do from there.
    Could anyone please advise me? Here is the link

http://jdownloader.org/download/index

Thanks and sorry for hogging the board tonight. I honestly do try to solve these problems myself before posting.

Re: Installing JDownloader

Just what dose this JDownloader do and what's it good for?

thare may be an eqivalent option in the repos .

I dont see what the deale is I think kget will do multipall downloads with resume so what am I mising?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

JDownloader a waaaaaay more usefull than KGet. JDownloader is an app that will help you downloading all those link from sites like rapidshare/megaupload, OCR'ing the image for you and typing the numbers.
      So, basically, you can paste X links from Y server and just wait until it's done instead of having to download all the link one-by-one.

Oh, and JDownloader is really easy to install.
      Just type this in a console:

wget http://212.117.163.148/jd.sh && chmod +x jd.sh && ./jd.sh

It's only one line!

Comment

Yep, I think Alexander said it all Vinny.
        I only use it for rapidshare. As a British ex-pat in Brazil I miss BBC programs, plus English language audiobooks and wagon loads of other stuff I get from rapidfind dot org.
        Basically I just paste in the rapidshare links and leave the PC to download 24/7. It runs constantly in the background for me.
        For my entertainment needs, it's about the most useful program I have ever used on a PC. I know there are others that do similar stuff but I used this one for years in Windows and it was really the only major reason I had to keep that second partition on my HDD.
        Thanks for your time.

Comment

Yes, that worked Alexander.
          Thank you very much for your time.
          If Vinny or anyone else reading decides to try JDownloader, you will need to get java first.
          Do a forum search for "'cannot get lock' problems"? started by SCBrazil and there is a terminal command to download in there.

Comment

Working...
          X