This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Kworldclock in KDE4.x

I notice the omission of kworldclock in kde4.x, and wonder what has become of this useful utility.
    I hope it will come back in kde4.x, otherwise I will stay with kde 3.5x as long as possible.

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package kworldclock is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source
    E: Package kworldclock has no installation candidate

Cheers
    El Zorro
    It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

Re: What happened to Kworldclock in KDE4.x

There is: Package: kdeartwork-misc, various multimedia goodies released with KDE 4
    This package contains miscellaneous artwork for KDE 4, such as
    additional notification sounds and kworldclock themes.
    but the kworldclock is missing ?

The last kworldclock, that i can find was with the 4.0 > kworldclock-kde4 (4:4.0.5-0ubuntu1~hardy1)

Is the kworldclock transformed to the plasma-widget-worldclock ?
    This plasmoid uses Marble libraries to display a world map with the local time
    in the foreground.

When hovering over a known city, it will change the time displayed using the
    timezone of that city.

The kworldclock-kde4 is not working at here:
    Communication problem with "kworldclock" , it probably crashed.
    Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "
    ... but the KDE 3 kworldclock (> kworldclock 4:3.5.10-0ubuntu1~hardy1) and the plasma-widget-worldclock are working fine.

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: What happened to Kworldclock in KDE4.x

Hi Rog131
      I do hope they do not forget kworldclock as a native package in kde 4.x, it is a great package. I know they grafted a bit of kde3.5.10 into kde 4.1, but no longer, only kde 3.5.x offers it now, so I use kubuntu hardy mainly still.
      So perhaps we should moan to kde developers or is it just an omission by the kubuntu package makers.
      Hopefully it will be rectified soon.
      Cheers
      El Zorro

Originally posted by Rog131
      There is: Package: kdeartwork-misc, various multimedia goodies released with KDE 4
      This package contains miscellaneous artwork for KDE 4, such as
      additional notification sounds and kworldclock themes.
      but the kworldclock is missing ?

The last kworldclock, that i can find was with the 4.0 > kworldclock-kde4 (4:4.0.5-0ubuntu1~hardy1)

Is the kworldclock transformed to the plasma-widget-worldclock ?
      This plasmoid uses Marble libraries to display a world map with the local time
      in the foreground.

When hovering over a known city, it will change the time displayed using the
      timezone of that city.

The kworldclock-kde4 is not working at here:
      Communication problem with "kworldclock" , it probably crashed.
      Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "
      ... but the KDE 3 kworldclock (> kworldclock 4:3.5.10-0ubuntu1~hardy1) and the plasma-widget-worldclock are working fine.

It should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler than it should be---Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X