This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror starts from terminal emulator, not from ANYWHERE else

Here's the problem, if I run "konqueror" from Konsole (or Yakuake, xterm, whatever), then good ol' Konqueror---well, okay, KDE4's Konqueror---loads pretty much instantly. But if I try to run Konqueror from Kickoff, Lancelot, or even KRunner, it just gives me the bouncing icon to denote a loading application for awhile and then eventually goes away, no Konqueror window in sight.

...what gives? Anyone have any ideas, or at least any ideas of what I might check?

(For the record, the install in question is my just updated main PC, which has gone from 8.04 yesterday to 9.04 with 4.3 today).

Re: Konqueror starts from terminal emulator, not from ANYWHERE else

Definitely old entries in the menues and such. I would right click on the KMenu, and choose the option for the Menu Editor, and then load the default menu, and save it. Hope that'll fix it.

Comment

Re: Konqueror starts from terminal emulator, not from ANYWHERE else

Originally posted by lmilano
      Definitely old entries in the menues and such. I would right click on the KMenu, and choose the option for the Menu Editor, and then load the default menu, and save it. Hope that'll fix it.
      Alas, that does no good, the problem remains without change.

This would be much easier to figure out if it weren't for the regression in KDE 4 where you can no longer just right-click on a menu item and go "put into run dialog". Without that, I'm uncertain exactly what command the link to Konqueror in "favourites" is trying to run; I'm assuming, though, that it's just calling on the .desktop that's also accessed through Internet/Konqueror. That one claims to be

Code:
      kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing
      which, when run from the terminal, does zilch. I tried copying both webbrowsing and filemanagement from my ".kde/share/apps/konqueror/profiles" folder on another Jaunty+KDE4.3 computer (my netbook) but there's no change in behaviour, ie. it still completely fails.

Comment

Working...
      X