X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolution and amarok problem

Hi I'm new here to kubuntu forums but i have used kubuntu and kde before

I am wondering how i can set my default resolution on my laptop witch is 1280x800 because sometimes I've booted in to kubuntu the resolution is set to another i think 1024x768 or something. I know the previous versions of k/ubuntu one could change the in de xorg.conf file but now that has been changed theres nothing resolution there. my panel is centered at the bottom i don't know if that has anything to do with why the resolution is not set default 1280x800

the second question i have is amarok related when i connect my sony mp3 player to the laptop it works fine and finds it and everything works great but when amarok is running it doesn't work. I am using amarok version 2.0.2

the third and last question do kubuntuforums have an irc channel if so what address?
    Toshiba U400-151 running Kubuntu 9.04

Re: Resolution and amarok problem

Resolution: look in "system settings", there is a section for that. If that doesn't work, reboot in Rescue Mode and try to repari the display, there is an option for that.

Amarok: I think it's still missing some featues it had in the 1.* branch. I still couldn't get the 2.* series to sync to my Creative Zen (though it used to work just fine)

IRC: I don't hang out there, but there is a kubuntu official channel:
    http://www.kubuntu.org/support

Welcome home

Comment

Re: Resolution and amarok problem

Do you mean the display icon? because i can change my res there but that's not what the problem is. the problem is that my default res sometimes is wrong and does not fill up the hole screen. I can try check it out in the rescue mode if that helps.

Okay hope that the never amarok versions will work better regarding those things =)

thanks i will check that out. IRC can be really good to have sometimes

thx for the welcome
      Toshiba U400-151 running Kubuntu 9.04

Comment

Working...
      X