This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Problems...

Hello everybody just couple days ago i installed for first time Kubuntu and saw KDE. It seems to be very nice OS and Environment but still though I've got some problems which are..
    1.Amarok for an unknown reason skips tracks,i mean I've got a playlist and there are some tracks witch are a specified order,although amarok skips some of them (it skips random tracks and the shuffle option is disabled)
    2. A pop up appears and says that there are some available updates. I press on it and it says that these updated are restricted. What does this mean and what should i do?
    3. Is there something familiar like add/remove programs like in gnome? I've got found the Kpackager but as i understood it's something familiar to synaptic.. [SOLVED]
    4. How i install .deb applications? [SOLVED]
    5.When i open the SMplayer a pop up appears and says: "AO: [pulse] failed to connect to server: Connection refused" (the program works fine but this pop up is bothering so how can i make it stop appear?

Re: Kubuntu Problems...

Originally posted by DrGreem
    3. Is there something familiar like add/remove programs like in gnome? I've got found the Kpackager but as i understood it's something familiar to synaptic..
    The normal way to add and remove is:

Applications|System|Software Management KPackageKit|Software Management

Comment

Originally posted by DrGreem

3. Is there something familiar like add/remove programs like in gnome? I've got found the Kpackager but as i understood it's something familiar to synaptic..
      4. How i install .deb applications?
      Hello and Welcome.

KPackagekit isn't fully working at the moment, you can install Synaptic by opening a console and typing (or copy&pasting the following:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install synaptic
      To install a .deb, rightclick on it -> Open with-> GDebi package installer.

Have Fun.

Comment

aaah right! thanks mate

Comment

You are Welcome.

Concerning the updates, maybe this Topic will help: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3104586.0

Comment

You're awsome dude! it worked too One More problem solved!
            Now the only one left is the Problem with the Smplayer..
            By the way is there any way to make Smplayer windows be together? I mean the buttons windows and the video window be togheter (sticked)..?

Comment

I'm glad to have been of some help. 8)
              I can't help you with Smplayer, i fear... i don't use it.

Hopefully someone else who can help will drop by sometime soon....

Comment

By the way do you know what i should type in command line to get acces to my files as root?
                for example i typed "kdesudo dolphin" but it shows errors here:
                /usr/bin/dolphin(6210)" Error in thread 3050395392 : "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"
                "/usr/bin/dolphin(6210)" Error in thread 3050395392 : "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"

Comment

I can't advise you on Dolphin.... i don't use it, but if you kdesudo konqueror it should work - if it doesn't, post the output here.

I'm in Hardy at the moment, but i'll hop across to Jaunty and try the Dolphin command.

Comment

yes i already tried konqueror but he open files not folders as far as i know..

Comment

Konqueror is the only file manager i use, it opens directories/folders as well as being an excellent ftp client.

If you point it to /home/your.name.here it will load your /home directory.

If i try to kdesudo dolphin i get:
                      Could not start process. Cannot talk to klauncher: The name org.kde.launcher was not provided by any .service files.

I'll stick with Konqueror

Comment

ah lol yes it works xD

Comment

konqueror is better file browser than dolphin....

In a dolphin, you can also right click and choose open folder with konqueror but not as root though.

kdesudo dolphin doesnt seem to work also. dolphin window pops up and that's pretty much it...

Comment

Originally posted by marcopl

kdesudo dolphin doesnt seem to work also. dolphin window pops up and that's pretty much it...
                            Alt-F2 "dbus-launch kdesudo dolphin"

Comment

still the same result...

Comment

Working...
                              X