Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<SOLVED> KDE/Konqueror/Kubuntu copy bugs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<SOLVED> KDE/Konqueror/Kubuntu copy bugs?

One thing about Kubuntu Drake that strained my patience was that the copy half of copy/paste often didn't work. (By this I mean that with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V, whatever was in the clipboard before the most recent Ctrl-C would be pasted. This wasn't a Ctrl-C problem: if Ctrl-C didn't work, Alt-EC wouldn't work either.) I never worked out what the pattern was for this but it did seem to occur mostly/always when copying (or not copying) from Konqueror.

I assumed that whatever it was, either (a) it would have been eliminated in good time for Kubuntu Jaunty, or (b) it would have been something specific to my particular (old and cranky) setup. Anyway, I've never noticed it with Ubuntu Heron (not that I often use Konqueror with that).

Well, I have it with Kubuntu Jackalope. I can have two web pages open in Konqueror and be able to copy from the one within seconds of not being able to copy from the other. But using Epiphany, I can copy from either.

Right now, for example, I'm using Konqueror to write this, and I can happily copy and paste within it.

In a second window, Konqueror is checking my mail. I can't copy from that (although I can mark it for copying). Using Firefox, I can copy from it.

I'm not confusing this with "copy protection". I also have both Konqueror and Firefox looking at this page at snopes.com, in which I can't even mark text: itself a minor irritation, but an unrelated irritation.

Googling for this brings me talk of bugs in copying images. However, my problem is with plain text.

Am I missing something obvious? If this is discussed elsewhere, please point me there.

Re: KDE/Konqueror/Kubuntu copy bugs?

Have you tried selecting text, right clicking, doing "Copy", and then pasting also from a context menu? I think copy and paste has been more reliable for me this way ... (and it may have to do with applications disabling normal shortcuts, like Konsole where Ctrl-C means something else ...)

Comment

Re: KDE/Konqueror/Kubuntu copy bugs?

Originally posted by lmilano
      Have you tried selecting text, right clicking, [. . .]
      No I hadn't, but now I have.

It works just fine; thank you!

Comment

Re: &lt;SOLVED&gt; KDE/Konqueror/Kubuntu copy bugs?

Excellent!

Comment

Working...
        X