This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gnote does not appear on k menu

I recently re-installed Kubuntu 9.04. I had upgraded via terminal but I was getting some quirks so I reinstalled it from the CD. I discovered Tomboy notes just before the reinstall only to find out that it does not come with 9.04.

So I'm trying Gnote. I've tried installing it via KPackageKit but it wouldn't show up on my K menu. So I tried the terminal commands from this cite: http://www.kabatology.com/06/17/gnot...-tomboy-notes/

Same problem. I can load it from terminal with the simple command: Gnote

Terminal gives this output:

(gnote:18123): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_insert_internal: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed

(gnote:18123): libtomboy-WARNING **: Binding '<Alt>F12' failed!

Gnote loads and works but if I close the terminal it closes too.

I would like Gnote to load from the K menu and I would like to be able to use it without having to keep terminal open. Any help?

Re: Gnote does not appear on k menu

Right click on KMenu, Menu Editor, and add it in

Comment

Re: Gnote does not appear on k menu

Thanks for the info. I didn't know you could edit the menu that way. I don't see gnote listed in the menu editor however, I seem to have Tomboy Notes now on the menu. I don't remember installing it but I've been working on this in an on-again-off-again fashion so I must have done it one night before bed.

Anyway, I've got Tomboy back so I'll probably just remove Gnote. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X