This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akonadi could not create collection

I just upgraded from 8.04 to 9.04, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the new interface. Which is why I'm equally puzzled by this problem.

I reformatted my hard drive, installed Intrepid from scratch, then copied my home dir data from my external hard drive (my backup). That worked beautifully, and when I launched Kontact, all my data were in place and intact...elvin magic.

The problem I'm having is Akonadi. Every time I open an item in the address book, I get an error from each of my address books saying that Akonadi could not create a collection. (A likely related problem is that I KPilot and Akonadi won't sync my address book and calendar to my Treo 680 anymore.)

I have no idea what's going on with Akonadi. When I configured it, the server started up nicely, and it accepted my address book selections without complaining. There's one other problem: when I double-click an address book entry in Kontact, a small dialog box pops up asking me to confirm which email address in the contact entry I'd like to use as the default...and it keeps popping up at least half a dozen times. The only way I can open the item is to right-click on it and select Edit. And it happens no matter if the Akonadi tray icon is running or not.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve these two (three?) problems?
    In hindsight, everything can be funny<br />--Anonymous

Re: Akonadi could not create collection

I thought of something on my way to work this morning. When I restored the contents of my home dir, I didn't change any locations. I'm thinking that might be significant because not only is there a .kde directory in my home dir, but a .kde4 directory, with pretty much the same structure. I'm wondering if Akonadi won't 'create a collection' on vcal or vcard files that don't live in the .kde4 directory.

Thoughts?
    In hindsight, everything can be funny<br />--Anonymous

Comment

Working...
    X