This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okular printing problems

I am very disappointed with Okular usage. I was so happy of KPDF while using Hardy, but after upgrading I discovered that KPDF is not more available and officila pdf reader is Okular.
    I encountered many problems with Okular, so many that I was forced to install Acrobat Reader...
    My first problem is printing. If I need to print , for example, 2 pages per sheet, I must use Acrobat, because Okular always print just one page per sheet.
    The second problem is that Okular seems not to be able to resize the original to fit the page, so many times I print a very small area centered in a empty page !
    1) Anybody knows how to solve for both problems ?
    2) Any idea how to use again kpdf while okular is not stable ?
    3) Any alternative to Okular ?
    Thank you very much

Re: Okular printing problems

Man, I wish I'd searched the forum and read your post before I tried to print something from Okular. It's a complete joke! Won't print landscape no matter what the settings are on one document and needs to be set to portrait to print another document as landscape. Bloody rediculous! Margins are supposed to be 4-6 millimeters. They're more like 4-6 centimeters!

After all the problems I had setting up the fonts and considering I can't use my scanner or my TV card, this little gem might just be enough to put me off Linux for good...

I'm thouroughly p*ssed!

Edit: ditch Okular, use Evince. At least it prints properly. And it remembers its settings between prints.

Comment

Just upgraded to 4.3 and still can't print multiple copies in okular.

Comment

I'm also disappointed.

Kpdf was a very great prog.

Okular is quite unusable (shows bad fonts, landscape/portrait confusion, no way to print multiple copies).
        I'm using (trying to use) version 0.9 under kde 4.3.

Is'nt it possible to have kpdf back ?

I also must use acroread.

Comment

Using foxit through wine here... Foxit linux, at this point, compared to its windows counterpart is like notepad compared to Word.

Comment

Working...
          X